Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main DH Server

+21
Ocean
~Invisible
Altair
botond
PistolPro
Gado
xratEd
#green___
WolfireX
Glan Glande
KitanaxxPierce
Fredster74
Monster*
phooney
dietchi
ReVenGer
andrejbeca
SENSEi
Contre
Peter
campuscodi
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Main DH Server - Page 2 Empty Re: Main DH Server

Post  SENSEi Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 pm

when I start playing in the evening the DH server is mostly empty or on SD again. I like SD sometimes but I still believe that if you want to have full servers, go with CTF with a normal rotation. If you go really wild, drop the AWE mod, LW has it, just has it, and I and many more would enjoy the stock game as it came out. Yes Mega has a point members can fill up the server, but then again, Id like to enjoy my game and that isnt with 4 ppl on the server playing SD, DM or TDM.

I know how the larger community works and how to be successfull with a server, did that for many years. Keep it clean and simple is a golden rule. Get public vs DH on a sunday night, and organize it well. Get a custom map rotation 1 day a week. Later at night, manually change maps to whatever ppl like when theres lesser on.

just my opinion.
Sen
SENSEi
SENSEi

Back to top Go down

Post  xratEd Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:01 am

Problem is that we alienated our playerbase by changing too much. In the start there was a rotation, then we changed the rotation to more SD, then we had voting, then we had rotation, then we had voting again etc etc. By not sticking to one way of doing things we scared people away since they had no idea what to expect when they joined the server - if you take a look at LW and JAS that is the most populated servers these days they didnt really change anything. Apart from adding a new map every now and then. Especially LW have alot of players these days and thats despite of their mod being all shitty with bleed damage and tripwires. Why does people keep coming back? Because they know what maps and gametypes they can expect when they join. Fact is that human is a being of habits. When it comes to entertainment we normally seek out the place we know.
These servers kept it simple like sensei said - no reason to change something succesful. I know that the admins tried to renew the server and had the best intentions when they changed it. Fact is that by changing the settings from rotation-->voting-->another rotation-->voting etc we gave our pub players a reason to leave DH and broke their habit when it came to playing on our server. I doubt we can get our server back up and running like we did before but maybe something like a DH vs public would kick some life into the population.
Yours,
Jens, xiE, Asger Smile
xratEd
xratEd
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  ReVenGer Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 am

If u want, feel free to try it asger.
I can give u ftp and ssh access in the evening.
Just give me a call on xfire or steam.
ReVenGer
ReVenGer
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down

Post  Monster* Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:31 pm

the different between DH and LW is  60 percent of DH members like to play more wars than public.
and the LW members is they dont play wars/scrims they stick and play only to their servers and one thing i notice to them too if their europe server is full they come to play to their american server and try to get the server full too .. and to our fellow members i can only count with my 2hands the dh members doing this...

So its not about map rotation gametypes etc.  its all about sticking and play on your on clan servers im not forcing evryone to stick on our server but dont complain about the empty server because even yourself  you're doing nothing with an empty servers!
Monster*
Monster*
|DH|Leader*
|DH|Leader*

https://devilheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfireX Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Monster is right, but i think gametype is huge problem too, rotation is not good, we should stick to CTF on main server.. We need to try someting new.. And DH member should be on main server, after all lot of DH players are still on other servers..
WolfireX
WolfireX
|DH|Server Administrator~

Back to top Go down

Post  Gado Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:14 pm

In DH my ping is always about 150, which is unplayable.

Same, since you changed main server. So if anyone has an idea on how to fix this, let us know Smile

Gado

Back to top Go down

Post  xratEd Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 am

ReVenGer wrote:If u want, feel free to try it asger.
I can give u ftp and ssh access in the evening.
Just give me a call on xfire or steam.
Thanks for the opportunity but truth is that im really busy with internship these days. As I said in my original post this shouldnt be taken as a critique since I know you admins did it for the best of the clan Smile. This is just my point of view on what went wrong and trying to explain the proces that made the server empty.

Monster* wrote:the different between DH and LW is  60 percent of DH members like to play more wars than public and the LW members is they dont play wars/scrims they stick and play only to their servers and one thing i notice to them too if their europe server is full they come to play to their american server and try to get the server full too .. and to our fellow members i can only count with my 2hands the dh members doing this...

So its not about map rotation gametypes etc.  its all about sticking and play on your on clan servers im not forcing evryone to stick on our server but dont complain about the empty server because even yourself  you're doing nothing with an empty servers!
I think 60% is abit of a exaggeration. And even if this were true those "scrim players" didnt really play that much pub in the first place so I dont see that as the problem. And no - at this time it isnt about gametypes or rotation since it doesnt matter anymore because people already left our server. Doesnt matter which gametypes we put on when the server isnt populated anyway. Just see it as a snowball-effect really. With less or no people on the server, less people will connect. And yes - maybe some people could stay on our server longer to see if more people would connect, but this is about enjoying yourself. When I get home after  8 hours of intern I dont feel like sitting on spectator for 1hour with 4 people on the server. Then I would like to relax, have fun and enjoy myself. So I would connect to another server that is populated. And I think most of our members feel this way - no matter if youre a scrim or pub player Razz. This is a part of the snowball-effect aswell and thats why we need something special to stop that snowball from running further downhill and grow even larger.
This is not about pointing fingers, saying someone killed the server. This is about analyzing the problem and come up with a method or idea to solve it.
Peace out yo!
xratEd
xratEd
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  PistolPro Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03 pm

What isnt helping is mega comming in just@server where i was playing because dh was empty where he starts to call it a noob server, pistol leave this shit, its all shit here, ect... dont think that people then think he is wright lets go to the DH server. They think where just dickheads. I told mega do normal he won't. So I have enough cod for the day because this isnt normal. Mega grow up and behave your self for once.
PistolPro
PistolPro
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:22 pm

PistolPro wrote:What isnt helping is mega comming in just@server where i was playing because dh was empty where he starts to call it a noob server, pistol leave this shit, its all shit here, ect... dont think that people then think he is wright lets go to the DH server. They think where just dickheads. I told mega do normal he won't. So I have enough cod for the day because this isnt normal. Mega grow up and behave your self for once.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL?? Why do you lieing? i didnt do this. I just asked you why do you playing here if we have 10 player on our server. I didn't say that J@S is a shit server. I talked with boty he was on j@s and i asked something to him (his xf). wtf Pistol you didn't talked with me when i was on J@S so mate don't lie plz. What do you think am i stupid i know what i did do 1hr ago. jezusmaria.
Peter
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

http://classic.xfire.com/profile/veszkokevin Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  botond Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:38 pm

PistolPro wrote:What isnt helping is mega comming in just@server where i was playing because dh was empty where he starts to call it a noob server, pistol leave this shit, its all shit here, ect... dont think that people then think he is wright lets go to the DH server. They think where just dickheads. I told mega do normal he won't. So I have enough cod for the day because this isnt normal. Mega grow up and behave your self for once.

hhahahaHAHa Péter just asked my xfire adress. He did not say anything about justserver.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
botond
botond

Back to top Go down

Post  Altair Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Samefag?
Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post  Monster* Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:14 pm

botond wrote:

hhahahaHAHa Péter just asked my xfire adress. He did not say anything about justserver.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
You should stop this Megamen because even you make 100 accounts in this forum admins can still find out who u are! people here is not stupid and you trying to screw us! I though you already change your attitude but still the same as before!
Monster*
Monster*
|DH|Leader*
|DH|Leader*

https://devilheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Invisible Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

scratch  Facepalm  Facepalm  Facepalm
~Invisible
~Invisible
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Monster* wrote:
botond wrote:

You should stop this Megamen because even you make 100 accounts in this forum admins can still find out who u are! people here is not stupid and you trying to screw us! I though you already change your attitude but still the same as before!

Pistol lied i didnt do anything what he says.. I didnt said that j@s is a shit server and etcetc.
Peter
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  Altair Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:59 pm

I think the fact that you made a fake account to make yourself look innocent, proves you guilty mega
Altair
Altair

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:52 pm

well i admit it. I got scared when i saw what pistol wrote. i was afraid that everyone will belive him. btw the story is true i asked boty for his xf id i didnt say anything about J@S and i didn't sweared there. i made a bullshit again yh i know and I'm sorry I regretted but when i saw pistol's comment then i didn't know what i have to do I was thinking about i need an evidence from somewhere. that's why i did do this.  Embarassed I need a brake for now. in this time i will decide I will leave or i will stay. I am very confused now. Rolling Eyes i feel you guys don't like me anymore :s

Last edited by MegaMan` on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  xratEd Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:33 pm

No comments..

[img]Main DH Server - Page 2 29050510[/img]
xratEd
xratEd
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Ocean Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Facepalm 
Ocean
Ocean
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

http://dobingphotos.com/ Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  enx Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Main DH Server - Page 2 46909d1360177394-sfogatoio-di-toms-hardware-mega_facepalm
enx
enx

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Akemi

Back to top Go down

Post  PistolPro Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:33 pm

where can i find the log files?
PistolPro
PistolPro
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:45 pm

jezuus guuys I am sad enough.I feel pretty badly because of this. Dont do this plz  Rolling Eyes  :'(
Peter
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredster74 Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Very Happy 

Last edited by Fredster74 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:44 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Bad idea)
Fredster74
Fredster74
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  ReVenGer Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm

Fred, u r kidding with sensei?!
ReVenGer
ReVenGer
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down

Post  Blent Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:37 pm

campuscodi wrote:I've updated AWE to a custom build that will produce this to your start screen.

If you encounter any problems when downloading the new AWE mod version, let me know.

Main DH Server - Page 2 128767688-4

hey guys,

some of u might know me from like a year ago
my name is blent i used to play alot on the dh server but quit for a while.
but now i'm back and cannot download ( http://46.4.83.169/fastdl/dhc/coduo//uo/uomappackoo.pk3 )
i hope any one of u guys know what to do

thanks alot
blent,
Blent
Blent

Back to top Go down

Post  Monster* Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:04 pm

what error it gives you?
Monster*
Monster*
|DH|Leader*