Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weird mod(?) problem

4 posters

:: Gaming :: Support

Go down

weird mod(?) problem Empty weird mod(?) problem

Post  master_jeebus Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 am

my problem: when i connect to a server. it loads the wrong mod(?). and with that no binds are working and all the settings are f*cked up. if go into the menu and manually select the awe uo mod, it loads it and everything is fine. what to do? it does this every single time.

jackyll tried to explain this to me yesterday on ts but i think i need it in writing =) it started when we were having a scrim on our server (atleast this is when i first noticed it). upon loading german town, it froze. i used task manager to kill the coduomp.exe. next time i tried to play, it gave me the possibility to connect in safe mode. i DIDN`´T select that but it still loaded it in safe mode. this went on and on and after a reboot it didn´t connect in safe mode anymore but the problem stated above started. wtf should i do about it and who can i blame? i really would like to blame some1 else for this retarded problem =)
master_jeebus
master_jeebus

Back to top Go down

weird mod(?) problem Empty Re: weird mod(?) problem

Post  Christina_Cox Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah. Our current mod is currently doing all kind of weird stuff. Currently I cannot create LAN servers because the mod modified all my server hosting settings and when I connect to other servers my screen flashes and changes resolution many times.

I usually reinstall CoD and it is ok.... for 2-3 months at least...before it goes haywire again.
Recommend a reinstall if you haven't done it by now. Maybe it's something temporary to your current config.
Christina_Cox
Christina_Cox
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackyll Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:03 pm

first: what i tried to explain u was a different thing. cause we played on lowzz war server and i thought u would have this prob ONLY on their server. because when u have been once on this server it creats a older called clanbase (cod-> clanbase) and everytime u join this server it will load the config on this folder NOT the one u using normally at this moment. Solution? just delete the clanbase folder. next time u join it will create a new one with ur actual using cfg.

second: i dont think this will solve ur main problem. well the only thing what comes in my mind is to delete may first w_dh_uo_v2.2_client.pk3 and if this also wont help look for any other folder or files where the word "mod" is in also in the uo folder. if this also wont help...well reinstall Smile

hope i could help u
Jackyll
Jackyll
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down

Post  master_jeebus Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 am

hmm.

-deleted the w_dh_uo_v2.2_client.pk3 (+ all other, mostly older versions of w_dh_uo -files) --> didn´t help.
-deleted all the other mods i had except the awe_uo one. --> didn´t help
-deleted awe_uo too (so now i didn´t have anymore mods in the mod folder) --> didn´t help
-deleted everything in the uo-folder that had a date from the day my problems started or after that --> didn´t help

refuse to re-install cod (hate re-installing so much, i rather put a week on trying to find the problem instead).

so finally i took the time to configure the mod it starts with, just the same as the mod i would like to use. took me some hours but now i think it´s ok. to be sure it´s exactly the same, maybe i could replace the cfg (from the mod it loads) to the one that actually has the settings i like to use?

master_jeebus
master_jeebus

Back to top Go down

Post  Six Six Six'er Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 am

Maybe you can ask the oracle??

lol! ROFL ROFL
Six Six Six'er
Six Six Six'er

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina_Cox Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:38 am

Owned Thumbs Up
Best reply on the forum ROFL
Christina_Cox
Christina_Cox
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  master_jeebus Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

Facepalm (i sooo knew this would turn around and bite me in my own ass some day...=)

naah, i´ve tried but the oracle had his hands full with the other clanmembers weird questions.. just have to wait for my turn i guess.
master_jeebus
master_jeebus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down