Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]]

+5
#green___
Jackyll
3Bsalam ; )
master_jeebus
Christina_Cox
9 posters

:: Gaming :: Support

Go down

Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]] Empty Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]]

Post  Christina_Cox Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 pm

As Monster pointed out today when we loaded some custom maps, some of you have problems downloading big files like maps and packs.

If the game can't download them for you, you can do that by hand.

1. Open your browser and access this page: http://dhclan.gamingdeluxe.net/uo/
2. Download the file to your computer.
3. Copy the file to your Call of Duty's UO folder.
4. Restart the game, the map should be registered and you'll be able to play without any problems.

Last edited by Christina_Cox on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christina_Cox
Christina_Cox
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]] Empty Re: Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]]

Post  master_jeebus Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 pm

gj! make this a sticky please!
master_jeebus
master_jeebus

Back to top Go down

Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]] Empty Re: Downloading maps takes too long or crashes.... [[What to do]]

Post  3Bsalam ; ) Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

who can't open the link what will he do ?
3Bsalam ; )
3Bsalam ; )
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackyll Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:36 pm

yeah nice job
but why u cant open it?
Jackyll
Jackyll
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina_Cox Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:55 pm

At first I thought it was because there's still a revolution in his country and some IP ranges may be blocked to prevent access to information sites. The server is located in London, in a very large Akamai data center. Akamai is the main data center provider for most news websites like CNN, Telegraph, Sun, etc.. Probably the IP is in the range of one of those information sites.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT
Casanova can load the link .... so I don't have a clue why he can't access it.
Christina_Cox
Christina_Cox
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  #green___ Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Try a proxy.

#green___
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredster74 Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Worked for me today. I had the same problem before as I told u. Havnt changed anything (except graphcard Very Happy)!

Fredster74
Fredster74
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 am

i don;t need link
download works for me fine
Panda
Panda
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeds Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:50 pm

I have another problem..When i join our main server i have to download something called Zzz_300.pk3 but this makes my cod crash Sad after deleting it from the ou folder its running great again.. cant play on our server Sad any ideas?!
Weeds
Weeds

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Invisible Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:55 pm

WEEDSTAR* wrote:I have another problem..When i join our main server i have to download something called Zzz_300.pk3 but this makes my cod crash Sad after deleting it from the ou folder its running great again.. cant play on our server Sad any ideas?!

try to move the zzz_300 map to your main folder..and see if it works now.. Very Happy
~Invisible
~Invisible
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeds Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

~Invisible wrote:
WEEDSTAR* wrote:I have another problem..When i join our main server i have to download something called Zzz_300.pk3 but this makes my cod crash Sad after deleting it from the ou folder its running great again.. cant play on our server Sad any ideas?!

try to move the zzz_300 map to your main folder..and see if it works now.. Very Happy

nope still crashing -.- cant you just delete it? dunno why i have to download this...
Weeds
Weeds

Back to top Go down

Post  #green___ Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:53 pm

WEEDSTAR* wrote:
~Invisible wrote:

nope still crashing -.- cant you just delete it? dunno why i have to download this...
Disable download.

#green___
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

Back to top Go down